Ok, this blog post is going to be much lighter than the previous few, and that’s because it involves…baking!!! I used to bake ALL the time before my ED really took hold, and so I haven’t really baked in many years. Baking to me= recovery (whether or not I consume what I bake). Being in the kitchen creating something is so fun!
I had some veryyy ripe bananas staring me in the face for a few days, so I figured I better whip something up! 🙂
Here is what I made this morning…I got up and baked them even before I had breakfast! 🙂
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 oat bran
- 1/4 rolled oats (I used gluten-free rolled oats)
- 1/2 finely ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 supa ripe bananas mashed
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons smooth almond butter
- 1 tablespoon virgin coconut oil
- ~1/4 unsweetened original almond milk
- Pre-heat oven to 350
- Combine dry ingredients
- Combine wet ingredients (except almond milk)
- Add wet ingredients to dry
- Mix gently. Mixture will be dry.
- Now add almond milk to combine fully
- Grease (12) muffin tin with coconut oil or line with wrappers and scoop in mixture.
- Batter will be very doughy and play-dough like- no worries, that’s how it’s supposed to be!
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Spread with coconut oil, sprinkle with cinnamon and enjoy! 🙂
Let me know how they turn out if anyone tries them!!
Have a great (rainy for me!) weekend! 🙂
Much love and health,